Unfortunately we will not be able to run our Canta y Baila Conmigo classes in the Fall. We look forward to resume the classes in 2021.
Canta y Baila Conmigo® is a unique program where young children and their adults experience another culture and language firsthand while exploring and developing musically in an age-appropriate manner. Created by Maddie Welch, a bilingual educator, musician and native Spanish speaker, Canta y Baila Conmigo features:
- A curriculum with dual, complementary goals of music and language immersion
- Informal instruction in a supportive, joyful setting
- Beautiful, professionally recorded music collections carefully selected to represent the wide variety of Hispanic musical traditions and genres
- An illustrated Spanish-language family songbook including music notation, lyrics and information about the origins of the songs
- English Language Supplement with song translations, vocabulary and grammar points for families learning Spanish
The new program is tought by teacher Val Chalian.